Superfoods You Should Include In Your Healthy 2019
There is no doubt that apples, one of the most consumed fruits in the world tops the list of healthiest foods. Known as a “miracle food”, apples are rich in phytonutrients, important antioxidants, and dietary fibers. Antioxidants contained in this miracle food may help reduce the risk of common diseases such as hypertension and diabetes.
The old saying, “an apple a day, keeps the doctor away” is true because it contains the following nutrients:
Apples deserve to be called “nutritional powerhouses”. They contain the following important nutrients:
- B- complex vitamins
- Vitamin C
- Dietary Fiber
Researches suggest that this superfood is one of the healthiest foods you may include in your diet and can be consumed daily. It will be wise for you to include this in your salads and have it as a dessert after your meals this 2019. Here are some health benefits you can get out of having apples in your daily diet:
- Neurological health benefits- reduces risk of Alzheimer’s Disease and improves production of neurotransmitters.
- Lowers levels of bad cholesterol- It has been found in a research that daily consumption of apples lowers bad cholesterol by up to 23%.
- Reduces risk of stroke- Quercetin, an antioxidant in apples does this trick.
- Reduces risk of diabetes- Apples along with other fruits such as blueberries may possibly lower the risk of Type 2 Diabetes.
If you have not been including mangoes in your diet last year, then it is time that you include this delicious tropical fruit in your 2019 diet. Apart from the fact that it is healthy, delicious and likeable to kids, it can also be used as a great ingredient to a couple of dishes and desserts like cheesecakes and ice cream.
While this tropical stone fruit can be a bit challenging to find in supermarkets due to its seasonal and international availability in the market, there are also available stores online that offers and delivers mangoes and its products. So there is no excuse on not getting this in your pantry this 2019.
This tropical wonder offers a variety of nutrients that is essential for your body to keep fit:
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin C
- Dietary fibers
- Vitamin B6
- Vitamin E
- Improves digestion- fibres found in mangoes prevents constipation
- May help prevent obesity- phytochemicals contained in mangoes may prevent obesity
- Reduces inflammation- phytochemicals are found to have gastroprotective effects that may help reduce inflammation in ulcerative colitis
- Good for the heart
- Healthier hair and skin
Strawberries are not just great for desserts– it is packed with rich nutrients that is essential to the body. This 2019, start tossing them in your morning morning cereal or overnight oats. Daily consumption of these healthy treats can regulate sugar levels and boost your energy for the day. You can pop them in your mouth any time of the day since strawberries are fat-free, cholesterol- free, and an absolute low-calorie food. Plus, it has a lot of nutritional benefits while you enjoy every bite of it.
Eat them raw, put them in your cereal, make a cheesecake out of it, you name it. Strawberries are among the best ingredients you can have in your pantry with amazing health benefits. They contain:
- Dietary fiber
- Vitamin C
- Vitamin A
- Prevents heart diseases- flavonoids found in strawberries may reduce risks of heart attack
- Regulates blood pressure- Its high potassium content regulates high blood pressure
- Prevents cancer- strawberries contain powerful antioxidants that may help fight cancer cells from developing
- Prevents diabetes- helps regulate and stabilize blood sugar
- Good for pregnant women- contains folate that is essential to a developing child in the womb